Founding Stories - Hovland’s Inc. - EST. 1922
A Century of Service
V1 Staff |
While Eau Claire is turning 150 this year, Hovland’s Inc. is celebrating its 100th anniversary.
For the past century, Hovland’s has provided homes and businesses throughout the Chippewa Valley with heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning installations and service. Founded on March 21, 1922, by A.J. Hovland, the business was originally located on W Madison Street.
What began as a five-man domestic heating operation relocated and expanded to 326 Bellinger Street and organized as Hovland Sheet Metal Works the following year when L.G. Hestekin joined the firm. Continued growth through the years resulted in relocating to its current facility on E. Melby Street between Eau Claire & Chippewa Falls. A.J.’s son, Ralph Hovland, became President in 1971, Ralph’s son-in-law, Earl Welke, became president in 1980, and Tony Welke stepped in as President in 2007 after his father retired and still holds the position today.
Hovland’s is proud of its history in the Chippewa Valley and thankful for the employees and customers that have contributed to their success.