Founding Stories - Stokes, Prock & Mundt - EST. 1904
Serving families with compassion for more than a century
V1 Staff |
The name Stokes, Prock & Mundt may be relatively new, but the business itself has deep roots in Eau Claire.
In 1904, Robert H. Stokes – ordained Methodist minister and picture-frame maker – founded R.H. Stokes & Sons Funeral Chapel. His three sons – Vernon, Wallace, and Robert – followed him into the business. They bought the former Coca-Cola bottling plant at First and Grand avenues and opened it as a funeral chapel in 1941.
A third generation of the family – Vernon’s son, Donald – joined in 1950. Randall and Jean Mundt purchased the business in 1987, renaming it Stokes & Mundt Funeral Chapel.
In 2007 they purchased Prock Funeral Home and the Cremation Society of Wisconsin, creating what now exists today: Wisconsin’s premier cremation provider, offering a full range of cremation and traditional burial options.