How to Be a Good Neighbor
tips from the City of Eau Claire’s neighborhood maintenance brochure
• All buildings must be maintained in a state of good repair (painted at regular intervals, clean and sanitary, etc.).
• Weeds and grass may not exceed 7” in height.
• Sidewalks need to be free of obstructions (snow cleared within 24 hours of a fall)
• Don’t leave parked cars in the same spot on a street or alley for more than a day
• Dispose of garbage in a sanitary manner
• Dispose of yard waste and return cans within 24 hours after pickup
• Don’t be unreasonably loud or disorderly
• Keep animals leached when off premises
• Have no more than 3 cats and 2 dogs
• Promptly remove animal droppings
To report a violation, call the appropriate department: Health (839-4718), Police (839-4972), Fire (839-5012), Streets (839-4963), Community Development (839-4914), or Building Inspection & Zoning (839-4947).