As a dynamic and growing, locally owned media group since 2002, Volume One is the leading source for in-depth coverage of local culture, entertainment, and news in Western Wisconsin. We tell the stories of our community in print, online, and everywhere our readers are, and we engage with the public directly through high-profile events, promotions, and ideas.
Our client list is long. That's because our approach is different than other local media. The entire reason we exist is to connect the regional citizenry with the great things happening in their communities. We connect them to you. We do this through a multi-platform, niched approach that gets your message in front of the locals and visitors most relevant to your business.
Volume One is the market's most cost-effective approach to making a major impact and getting the results you need from your critical advertising dollars. Our team takes your investment with us seriously, and will work diligently to craft the right message, give it the right look, and place it in front of the right audience. Because that's how good advertising works.
Volume One is geared for people who get out. People who spend money. People who want to support local businesses. Let’s learn a bit more about who they are:
After 14 years in business, you tend to make a few friends. We’re proud to partner with some of the brightest organizations in the valley on a number of marketing and community-building initiatives. A few of our perennial top clients include:
“What Volume One accomplishes to enrich and promote the Chippewa Valley is outstanding. It’s content people of all ages want to read. Simply put, Volume One is the gold standard for local publications.”
Chase KunkelSenior Advertising & Partnership Representative
email@example.com(chase (at) volumeone [d0t] org,)
Neil HodorowskiSenior Advertising & Partnership Representative
firstname.lastname@example.org(neil (at) volumeone [d0t] org,)
Join thousands of local businesses who subscribe to Volume One's Advertiser's Insider newsletter. You'll receive actionable intelligence about upcoming issues and special sections.
Dedicated to Community
Beyond working for Volume One, our staff is deeply involved in the city and state through invitations to serve on the Board of Directors of a variety of leading community organizations who make the Chippewa Valley go. A few of those current and past include:
- Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce
- Visit Eau Claire
- Wisconsin Arts Board
- Downtown Eau Claire, Inc
- The Community Table
- North Barstow Business District
- Chippewa Valley Museum
- Friends of the L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library
- Chippewa Valley Book Festival
- Community Television
- Clear Vision Eau Claire
- Eastside Hill Neighborhood
- Comprehensive Plan Citizen Advisory Committee
- North Riverfronts Neighborhood
- Sculpture Tour Eau Claire
- Western Wisconsin Press Club
- Literacy Volunteers
- Eau Claire School District Parents Advisory Council
As an organization, Volume One has received numerous unsolicited awards for our work in the Chippewa Valley community. A few include:
2016 Small Business of the Year
from the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce
Outstanding Publication Award
from International Economic Development Council
Quality of Place Enhancement Award
from Synergy Economic Development Group
Above and Beyond Award
from Downtown Eau Claire, Inc.
Every two weeks Volume One rolls out meaningful print and digital content in themes that grab attention from a broad range of readers.
Industry-Estimated Total Print Readership
The industry of free publications estimates there are three or more readers per copy.
14 to 20,000
# of Magazines are Distributed
Depending on the issue, we print and distribute between 14,000 and 20,000 free magazines every two weeks.
Magazines are Taken
Almost all of the magazines we distribute are picked up and read.
# of Locations We Distribute To
Spanning Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, and a few spots in between.
Lifespan of an Ad
Rather than being disposed of after just a day or two like other print advertising.
Annual Special Sections
Featuring local listings, articles, & photos. Great for targeting specific interests.
Independent Publication Titles
Chippewa Valley Family, Eat Scene Dining Guide, Hot Spots Summer Guide, Student City Guide, Holiday Handbook, Weddings & Occasions
Accepted File Formats for Print
- Editable - Photoshop, Illustrator, EPS
- Non-Editable - PDF, TIF, JPG
- Resolution - 300 dpi (color), 170 dpi (b & w)
If you provide an editable file, all graphic elements and fonts must be provided with files to ensure the integrity of your ad.
Print Ad Deadlines
Volume One is published every other Wednesday.
Space Reservations: two Fridays before
Copy for ads needing proofs: two Mondays before @ 4pm
Client-supplied digital files: one Wednesday before @ 4pm
Corrections or changes: one Wednesday before @ 4pm
Volume One's digital advertising opportunities include VolumeOne.org, our niche websites, and our weekly and monthly email newsletters.
Unique Visitors per Month
1/3rd of the adult population of the Chippewa Valley visits at least once per month.
And 15 million annual ad impressions.
Engaged Social Media Followers
We reach 85,000 people on social media per month.
Unique Email Newsletter Subscribers
We send about 2 million emails per year. This includes our weekly newsletter "Inbox Delight", and niche newsletters like "Chomping & Chugging" and "Music & Nightlife".
Accepted File Formats for Web
- Formats: JPG, GIF, PNG
- Resolution: 72 pixels per inch
- File size: Should be under 200 kb. Absolute limit is 1 mb, but only for extreme cases like animated gifs.
- Most 3rd-party code snippets are accepted.
- Must have a URL (web address) to link the ad to.
How Web Ads Work
- Your ad will receive at least 1,000 impressions per day.
- Premium ad zones appear near the top of each desktop and mobile page, and usually at least double the impressions of standard.
- Standard ad zones appear lower on the page.
- Ask us about discounts when bundling web + print ads.
How Email Ads Work
- Email ads must be either JPG or GIF files.
- Our Inbox Delight newsletter is sent every Wednesday.
- Our niche emails: Food & Drink, and Music & Nightlife are sent once per month.
Take your message directly into the crowd with your sponsorship of a beloved Volume One community event. Tens of thousands of people attend our spread of events every year, and the kinds of concepts we pursue are the ones that can shift the culture.
This means they create a passionate outpouring of community engagement. Various levels of involvement are available from simple support to deep-dive community interaction. Partner with an existing event or explore the chance to develop something new together.
Be a part of the most talked about and widely covered community event of the summer by taking advantage of an effective and a ordable image-building sponsorship!
- 13 nights in June, July, August, Every Thursday evening (weather permitting) from 6-9pm in downtown Eau Claire’s Phoenix Park
- Local and regional music talent spanning genres including blues, jazz, rock, bluegrass and more
- Average of 1,250+ attendees each night
- 16,500+ season-long attendance
For ten days in September, dozens of local restaurants take part in an exciting new culinary tradition that gives you access to special menus, offerings, great deals, and invites you to attend a handful of unique food-themed events that raise money for community causes.
Best Night is a creative, dynamic, and interactive cocktail party — a celebratory evening of food, drinks, music, technology, art, and camaraderie. A chance to celebrate the very best of the Chippewa Valley.
- heavy hors d'oeuvres & tastings from local restaurants
- art installations, roving performances, and curious collaborations
- Chippewa Valley Vanguard Awards
A day-long restorm of creativity and positive community energy, culminating in yards and yards of sidewalk space displaying amazing chalk artwork. This annual event takes place on the beautiful UW-Eau Claire campus mall. It's part urban art festival and part family-friendly fun.
- Last Saturday in July
- Activities include chalk-offs, kids chalk, music, food, games, and more!
The Volume One Gallery hosts this giftworthy local print sale in November and December each year. Focused on selling affordable, mostly unframed works, the sale features more than 500 pieces of 2D work on paper from nearly 100 artists.
- 8 weeks November - December
- 100 artists
- 500 pieces of 2D work on paper
Volume One, Outdoor More, and Eau Claire Parks and Rec invite you to enjoy cool winter action for adults and kids alike in Eau Claire's amazing Pinehurst Park!
- Thursdays in January February
- Located in Pinehurst Park, north east side of Eau Claire
- Activities include ice skating, sledding, snowboarding, snow-shoeing, cross country skiing, a fire pit, & hot drinks.
HIGH - IMPACT PROMOTIONS
Make a splash with dynamic two-week promotions.
Leverage V1’s print, web, mobile, email & social media.
Reach thousands of locals when you partner with Volume One's promotional machine for a multi-platform approach to any kind of promotion -- contests, special events, ticket giveaways, grand openings, special sales, and more.
That's a lot of names and email addresses for people who are interested in your promotion!
Average Pageviews per Promotion
The number of times your promotion is seen.
Your promotion will be emailed to over 18,000 people.
Engaged Facebook Followers
We‘ll share your promotion to our engaged audience of Facebook followers.
1) Create a Promotion
Craft a clickable promotion by offering something of significant value to readers.
2) It gets Plastered Everywhere
• Displayed on a Large Ad in Volume One Magazine
• Social Media Promotion, and Bi-weekly Email
3) Readers Engage with your Brand
Readers can sign up for your promotion, see photos, and visit your website or Facebook page.
Women in the Lead
Craft of Cocktails