Online Medicare Plan Finder Gets Upgrade
For the first time in a decade, the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has launched a modernized and redesigned Medicare Plan Finder at www.medicare.gov/plan-compare. The Medicare Plan Finder, the most-used tool on Medicare.gov, allows users to shop and compare Medicare Advantage and Part D plans. There are more than 60 million people with Medicare coverage. The updated Medicare Plan Finder also provides them and their caregivers with a personalized experience through a mobile-friendly and easy-to-read design that will help them learn about different options and select coverage that best meets their health needs. The new Plan Finder walks users through the Medicare Advantage and Part D enrollment process from start to finish and allows people to view and compare many of the supplemental benefits that Medicare Advantage plans offer.
These changes are part of the Trump administration’s eMedicare initiative – which expands and improves on current Medicare consumer service options. CMS is improving its online Medicare tools to meet the needs of a growing number of tech-savvy beneficiaries. The online tools do not replace Medicare’s traditional customer service options. People with Medicare will continue to have access to paper copies of the “Medicare & You” handbook and be able get help over the phone using 1-800-MEDICARE.
The redesigned Medicare Plan Finder will make it easier for beneficiaries to:
• Compare pricing between Original Medicare, Medicare prescription drug plans, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policies;
• Compare coverage options on their smartphones and tablets;
• Compare up to three drug plans or three Medicare Advantage plans side-by-side;
• Get plan costs and benefits, including which Medicare Advantage plans offer extra benefits;
• Build a personal drug list and find Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage that best meets their needs.