Pet Travel Tips
• Cabins, cottages, and campsites are always good bets – especially when near water – but never underestimate a cozy bed and breakfast, either.
• Try to stay on low floors, and make sure there’s areas for walks and “doing business.”
• Wisconsin has its share of pet-friendly events, but the big ones are: Bastille Days in Milwaukee, which has a pooch parade and best dressed canine contest; Scottie Days in Door County; Septemberfest in Ripon, with a pet parade and dog walk; Bartoberfest in Cambridge, with demonstrations and an owner/pet look-alike contest; and Dog Days of Stockholm, with contests and entertainment galore.
• Look for areas with great parks, trails, and wildlife, like Johnson’s Creek Jefferson County Dog Park, named one of the best dog parks in the nation by Dog Fancy.
• If they’re staying home or at a boarding place, don’t forget to have meds full and ready, and comfort items from home to relax them (toys, blankets, and food).
PET BOARDING PLACES
Paws & Claws 3820 Old Town Hall Rd, EC
Westgate Animal Hospital 2135 N Clairemont Ave, Eau Claire
Oakwood Hills Animal Hospital 4616 Commerce Valley Road, Eau Claire
Chippewa Valley House Pets Sitting Service CVhousepets.com
Canine Comfort Inn 2600 S Broadway St, Menomonie
Fauna Boutique and Pet Grooming 1309 N Broadway, Menomonie
Brittany Hills Kennel 740th St, Meno.
Kindness Animal Hospital 1902 Hallie Road, Chippewa Falls
Lake Wissota Animal Hospital 16780 Cty Hwy X, Chippewa Falls