Events LGBTQ+ Community Orgs Activities Family Events
8 Events to Celebrate Pride Month in the Valley
there's more to celebrate than the return of sunshine this June
McKenna Scherer, photos by Andrea Paulseth, Kelly Irish |
There are events of all kinds swinging through the Valley this month in celebration of Pride, including some this weekend.
We've compiled a list of all kinds of events, from vinyl listening nights inspired by LGBTQ+ topics to local drag shows and more:
1. Glowing with Pride
Kick off Pride Month TONIGHT (Friday, June 3) with the Pablo Center as they put on a full night of celebratory, family-friendly events. Starting at 6pm, Glowing with Pride is the first-annual June Pride Month celebration, and they made sure to go all out.
- 6pm – Vendor Market + Story Time
At 6 o’clock, a vendor market will open the night alongside the Drag Story Time event where local drag performers will read children’s books that discuss LGBTQ+ subjects, celebrating diversity, self-love, and appreciation for those around them.
- 7pm – Family-Friendly Drag Show
At 7pm, a family-friendly drag show will deliver singalong songs and awesome entertainment! At 9:30pm, the After Hours Drag Show will offer an interactive experience hosted by Khloe World.
- 8pm – DJ westkorea + Glow Dance Party
Next up at 8pm, local musician DJ westkorea will make sure the good vibes continue and will continue into the night over in the Jamf Theatre for the Glow Dance Party at 11pm.
- 8pm – Vendor Games
Also at 8pm, vendor games and activities will continue through 9:30pm.
Celebrate tonight with the Pablo Center’s event with local business allies and community organizations, tickets are available to purchase online at just $5 a pop.
2. Pride Panels
Can’t make it to Glowing with Pride tonight? No worries – the Chippewa Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center is delivering Pride Panels throughout next week:
- Education & Censorship Panel – Monday, June 6, 7pm
- Queer Creativity Panel – Thursday, June 9, 7pm
LGBTQ+ Healthcare Panel – Friday, June 10, 7pm
Learn and educate yourself alongside community members in a safe space by stopping into String Theory in Chippewa Falls, where each panel will be hosted for free.
3. Pride in Phoenix Park
Next weekend on Saturday, June 11, the CV LGBTQ+ Center is continuing the fun all day long with even more family-friendly events, like scavenger hunts, games, and even Zumba!
All day long there will be games happening, food trucks about, a scavenger hunt, and more activities:
- If you’re up bright and early, you can check out The Yoga Room’s yoga session at 8:30am in the park
- At 11am, kid-specific events will be held like Kids Zumba and a family story time.
- Just after noon at 12:05pm, Wisconsin-based musician Jerrika Mighelle will perform! Right after that, Studio Sky will put on an aerial show leading into the next event
- Next at 2pm, honorary plaques will be presented
- Following up at 2:15pm, Z-Vida Fitness will host Zumba
- To end the day in the park, a drag show organized by Khloe Wold featuring Elizabeth Eau Claire, Cordelia Corndog, Tristan Wilde, and others starting at 3:15pm and ending around 4 o’clock
4. Pride Bike Ride
Organized by and starting at SHIFT Cyclery and Coffee Bar also on June 11, a celebratory bike ride will start at 11am. Get outside to enjoy the sunshine and celebrate Pride Month!
5. Vinyl Nights: “Pride Night” at The Lakely
Right in downtown Eau Claire, swing into The Lakely to listen to Pride-themed music with hosts Emily Watkins & Val Evans on June 16 from 7-10pm.
6. Menomonie Pride Drag Show Fundraiser
For those 21+, take a quick trip over to Menomonie’s Zymurgy Brewing Co. on June 24 at 7pm for a Pride fundraiser drag show! With several options for seating through General, VIP, and Reserved tickets ranging from $25-$60, all proceeds will go to the Chippewa Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center.
Hosted by Monica Bluebyll and featuring 18 performers, the drag show + dance party will be sure to pump up the fun for a great local organization and cause. Raffle drawings and giveaways will happen throughout the night too, with the show ending at 10pm.
7. Around the Valley
If you’re down to make a bit longer of a travel to celebrate Pride in our neck of Wisco, Steven’s Point and La Crosse are also hosting several Pride events!
- Steven’s Point Point Pride on June 11 from noon until 9pm
- Steven’s Point Pride Crawl on June 10 from 3-9pm
- La Crosse Pride Family Picnic on June 11 from 11am-1pm
8. L.E. Phillips Library Pride Month Books
If events maybe aren’t your thing, or you just love to read, the L.E. Memorial Phillips Library has you covered with a Pride Month book list to choose from! Kid-friendly books are available, as well as content for teens and adults.