Fairfax Pool Will Be Open This Summer With Safety Precautions
Eau Claire’s city pool plans to bounce back after 2020 COVID closure
Whether you’re a doggie paddler, a high diver, or a water slider, we’ve got good news for you from the City of Eau Claire: The Fairfax Pool will open for the season on Saturday, June 5, and passes are already on sale.
Like countless public and private facilities, the pool was closed last summer because of COVID-19. However, the city’s parks department plans to open Fairfax Pool this summer – with precautions. “Mindful of the fact that the COVID-19 pandemic is still a concern in our area, to keep our patrons and employees safe, the pool will be opening in phases in accordance with local health expectations as outlined by the Eau Claire City-County Health Department,” a media release said.
Elements of the first opening phase include the following:
- Capacity limits
- Masks will be worn in all Fairfax buildings
- Physical distancing will be required
- Daycares, day camps and school groups will not be allowed at Fairfax
- Patrons will be encouraged to come to the pool already dressed and to limit time spent in the locker rooms
- Drinking fountains will be closed
- Concession stand will only offer pre-packaged items
- 15 minute safety breaks will be taken daily at 1:45, 3:45 and 5:45 for cleaning and sanitizing
- Lounge chairs and other amenities not available for use
“When local expectations allow, Fairfax will open the next phase,” the pool’s website states.
Individual and family pool passes are on sale now at 10% below the regular price until June 4.
“To take advantage of these reduced rates,” a media release states, “those who have previously purchased a season pass may do so by visiting eauclaire.maxgalaxy.net. Those new to Fairfax Pool may buy a season pass online but need to have a pool pass photo taken in our Recreation Administrative Offices. Scholarship recipients will also need to make an appointment to have a pool pass photo taken. Appointments can be made by calling the Recreation Administrative Office at (715) 839-5032.”