DECI Plans a Grand Evening (Minus the Bridge)
annual fundraising dinner relocated for 2020
Eau Claire’s popular gala of food and wine on the bridge will be different this year, but it is still moving forward. The Grand Evening on the Bridge, the an annual fundraiser for Downtown Eau Claire Inc., has adopted some changes for this year to accommodate safety and social distancing. The location for the event has moved off of the bridge and into the nearby Phoenix Park Pavillion. Tickets to this year’s event – which is billed as A Grand Evening – have also been discounted to account for the changes. This three-course dinner features appetizers from Silly Serrano, a main course provided by Houligan’s Steak & Seafood Pub, and dessert by The Informalist.
The event will look a bit different this year in order to ensure a safer evening for all:
- Tables will be spaced to allow 6 feet of social distancing for all guests.
- Guests will only be seated together with the group they register with.
- When not seated at your table, guests will be asked to wear a mask (masks will be available).
- Hand sanitizer will be at all tables, and extra handwashing stations will be available.
- Servers and volunteers will be masked.
- There will be no passed appetizers during cocktail hour, and the first course will be served at tables.
- Drink runners will help serve your table to avoid congregating at the bars. Raise your red card if you need refreshments!
Despite the changes, DECI hopes to make this year’s event another grand opportunity to enjoy an evening in scenic downtown Eau Claire.
Grand Evening on the Bridge • Aug. 19, 5-8pm • Phoenix Park Pavilion • downtowneauclaire.org • $80/person, $150/couples, $70/person for groups of 3+