Local business uncovers old blueprints to local landmark buildings
Blueprints from local buildings were recently uncovered from a building previously owned by Hoeppner-Bartlett Construction Co., who had occupied the building since 1923. Matt Moss and Ken Landis found the documents along with 178 account ledgers after their company K&M Landscaping moved into the building in 2006.
Moss and Landis donated the construction documents to the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire Foundation where they will be part of the university library’s archives.
Among the 420 blueprints discovered were original blueprints of UW-Eau Claire’s Schofield Hall, Eau Claire's YMCA building, the L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library, Uniroyal Inc., the Chippewa County Courthouse, and more.
The documents will be placed in the Special Collections and Archives Department at the McIntyre Library. This particular department within the UW-Eau Claire's library protects local historical publications, maps, rare books, and photographs in a climate controlled room.
The collection will be available for viewing by the university community and general public when the staff finishes organizing the documents.