TAKE IT OUTSIDE: River Source Family Center Shares Summer Programming
the Chippewa County family center starts up Field Trip Fridays, Rural Playgroups, and more for the summer
River Source Family Center is taking some of its awesome kid-focused programming to the great outdoors this summer! From Field Trip Fridays to its Movin’ and Groovin’ event at Irvine Park to rural playgroups, there’s something for every child to enjoy.
“Children are natural explorers and discoverers, so being outdoors teaches them much about the world they live in. Time spent outside can lead to better physical and mental health, improved sleep, and cognitive, social, and emotional gains for young children,” a recent press release from River Source said.
From June-August, the Center will host Field Trip Fridays, rain or shine! Each field trip will begin at 10am at each site, or folks can meet at 9:30am at River Source Family Center for carpool services to each site. The Center's events are aimed at kids ages 0-5, but older siblings are always welcome to join too.
Take a look at the lineup here:
- June 30: Chippewa Falls Fire Station (1301 Chippewa Crossing Blvd., Chippewa Falls)
- July 14: Irvine Park – Story Walk and Animal Scavenger Hunt
- Meet by the duck pond at Irvine Park (125 Bridgewater Ave.). After the trip, folks are welcome to join the Center for Olson’s ice cream
- July 28: North City Park – Games, Crafts, and Scavenger Hunt
- Bring your own sack lunch to enjoy a group picnic at North City Park (2701 9th Ave., Bloomer)
- August 25: Trip to Apple Orchard
- Details TBA
Summer Rural Playgroups will happen each month this summer and offer parents and children the opportunity to connect and hang out outside (weather permitting), and each family will receive one free book at each event! Each event is free to participate in, no registration required.
Summer Rural Playgroups schedule:
Mondays in Stanley from 10-11:15am
- June 26: Chapman Park (50 W 4th Ave.)
- July 24: Chapman Park (50 W 4th Ave.)
- August 14: D.R. Moon Memorial Library (154 E 4th Ave.)
- August 28: Chapman Park (50 W 4th Ave.)
Tuesday’s in Cornell from 9-10:15am
- June 27: Cornell Playground (Main St., between North 5th and 6th St.)
- July 25: Cornell Playground (Main St., between North 5th and 6th St.)
- August 15: New Hope Assembly of God (318 S 7th St.)
- August 29: Cornell Playground (Main St., between North 5th and 6th St.)
Wednesdays in Bloomer from 10-11:15am
- June 28: North City Park (2701 9th Ave.)
- July 26: North City Park (2701 9th Ave.)
- August 14: Bleskacek Family Memorial Library (1519 17th Ave.)
- August 30: North City Park (2701 9th Ave.)
There will be plenty of in-house programming as well located right at the River Source Family Center, including the following events:
Contact the Center with any questions or concerns about the summer programming at (715) 720-1841 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the River Source Family Center and its programming by visiting its website. The Center is located at 403 N High St., Chippewa Falls.