C.V. Book Fest Seeks Young Writers’ Works for Showcase
Oct. 1 is deadline for third- through eighth-grade authors
V1 Staff |
Are you – or is someone you know – a third- through eighth-grader who wants to share your poetry, fiction, or nonfiction with the world? The Young Writers Read Showcase, part of the Chippewa Valley Book Festival, is accepting submissions now until Oct. 1.
Chosen writers will read their work onstage Sunday, Oct. 23, at the Grand Theatre, 102 W. Grand Ave., Eau Claire. These kids will also receive gift cards from Dotters Books.
Here are the entry guidelines:
- One submission in each category is accepted per author.
- Keep a copy of your work, as it will not be returned to you.
- Readings should be no longer than 3-4 minutes.
- Credit must be given for ideas inspired by other works. Credit can be a simple statement at the end or beginning of the reading.
- Entry form must be signed by your parent or guardian.
Learn more about the showcase at cvbookfest.org/showcase.
Entries must be submitted to Committee Chairperson Irene Lazda at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Saturday, Oct. 1.
The Young Readers Showcase is just one part of the Chippewa Valley Book Festival, which features in-person and virtual events around the Valley between Oct. 20-25. Learn more at cvbookfest.org.