Crowdfunding Platform Raises Cash for Chippewa Valley Charities
E.C. Community Foundation’s latest ‘Grant Catalog’ accepting donations through May 4
The Eau Claire Community Foundation is celebrating its 25th anniversary with a fourth and final fundraising cycle through its Grant Catalog, an online platform that allows donors to give directly to local nonprofits. It addition to raising money from these donors, the nonprofits are eligible for bonus grants from the Community Foundation based upon how much they raise.
Since its first phase began last July, the Grant Catalog has raised more than $190,000 in direct donations and given out $75,000 in bonus grants to a wide range of nonprofits, including cultural, educational, and environmental groups.
The latest Grant Catalog, titled “Offer Opportunities,” is accepting donations between April 11 and May 4. This fundraising effort is focused on nonprofits that support basic needs, including food, shelter, and medical care.
Funding requests from these nonprofits can be found through the Grant Catalog;
- Catholic Charities Sojourner House
- Chippewa Valley Veterans Tribute Foundation
- Chippewa Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Chippewa Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center
- Family Promise of the Chippewa Valley
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Foundation
- Hope Gospel Mission
- Special Olympics Wisconsin
- St. Francis Food Pantry
- The Community Table
- The Salvation Army Chippewa Valley Bread of Life Center
- The Wellness Shack
- Trinity Equestrian Center
- Western Dairyland Economic Opportunity Council
Donations can be made online, or can be make via check or through gifts of stock. (Contact the Community Foundation for more about the latter options.)