RECIPE: Spice Up Your Holiday Meal With These Homemade Spiced Pecans
one V1 contributor shares a top-secret family recipe
Ever since I can remember, my mom has made these spiced pecans for the holiday season. They never lasted long and went like candy. Afterwards, we would all go deer hunting for the rest of the night. By the time all of the hunters were back, the pecans would be gone! They never lasted more than 48 hours. –Kalyn Cronk
1 egg white
1 tbsp. cold water
1 lb. pecans
½ cup sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, whip the egg white and cold water together until frothy.
3. Add the pecans. Stir so they are evenly coated with the egg and water mix.
4. Add the sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir so the pecans are evenly coated.
5. Wrap tinfoil over a cookie sheet, and spread out the pecans on the foiled sheet.
6. Bake for one hour, stirring the pecans every 10-15 minutes.