Old Glory, New Paint: Markquart Motors Sponsors Flag Mural Competition
one local artist will receive $5,000 scholarship for creating new mural
V1 Staff |
New year, new murals: Markquart Motors is seeking submissions for its new mural competition, which will award one talented high school or college student a $5,000 scholarship for creating a unique American flag mural at the Markquart Motors in Lake Hallie.
The winning design will “show creativity, originality, and relevancy to American values, culture and people,” the mural contest submission form says.
- The design should prominently feature the American flag
- The final mural should be 7ft. tall x 12 ft. wide
- No logos, slogans, or advertisements are permitted
- No hate messages, messages or images related to drugs or drug use, discrimination, nudity, or inappropriate images are permitted
- It must be original work. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Entries should include proof of student status.
- You may submit more than one design entry!
The mural will be painted on canvas, and materials will be provided.