Spice Up Your Holiday Zoom Gatherings With a Cocktail (or Two)
Celebrating the holidays socially distanced? No worries! Try this new family festivity
Though the holidays will no doubt look different this year, one tradition will always remain: someone getting inappropriately drunk at family gatherings. Not that we encourage off-the-walls behavior here at Volume One, but if you’re looking to spice up your virtual holiday gatherings, here is a specifically tailored, socially distant Zoom holiday drinking game for such occasions:
- Make yourself a Brandy Old Fashioned while the family takes turns holding their pets up to their cameras.
- Take a healthy sip of Bellefontaine reserve bourbon from J. Henry & Sons Distillery for every passive aggressive comment (a bourbon finished in cognac barrels and aged five years should not be taken as a shot, but it is 2020 so I wouldn’t judge you if you did).
- Take a big sip of Spotted Cow whenever someone talks while on mute.
- Take an even bigger sip when there are at least two people speaking at once.
- Make a Bloody Mary with Nan’s Naughty & Nice Bloody Mary Mix for every person wearing holiday-themed pajamas (don’t forget the cheese curd and pickles for garnish; maybe even some of your dad’s venison sticks, too).
- Take a slow, judgmental sip of State Line’s Aperitivo when someone says something offensive. If you don’t feel like sippin’ it neat, you can make yourself a spritz with some of the soda you’ve got cold in the garage.
- Keep a bowl of Blackberry Brandy slush handy to drink every time you see a taxidermy piece hanging up in the background of a family’s living room.
- Chug your drink when someone says a Corona Cliché like “Let’s just get back to normal!” or “In these trying/unprecedented/difficult/strange times…” or “I’m not wearing pants!”
- Take a big drink of water and bite of green bean casserole every time you feel happy to be with your family, even at a distance.