Main Events in Menomonie to Mark on Your Calendar
a year’s worth of annual events in and around Menomonie
V1 Staff |
Don’t take Menomonie’s small-town charm as an indication that there’s nothing to do here. In fact, the year is packed with annual events you won’t want to miss. Here’s a sampling of what the next 12 months will hold:
Summertime Live Music in Menomonie
Outdoor live music is a Chippewa Valley summer tradition.
• Ludington Guard Band • Tuesdays at 7:30pm at Wilson Park • Find it on Facebook A community concert band dating back to 1877.
• Music Over Menomin • Thursdays at 7pm outside Menomonie Public Library • menomoniepubliclibrary.org Live music on the shore of Lake Menomin.
• Vino Cappucino • Fridays & Saturdays, 5:30-7:30pm • vinocappuccinobistro.com Music on the patio of this Bistro in Elk Mound. Wine, wood-fired pizzas, artisan desserts, and more.
• Jeremiah’s Fish Farm • Saturdays & Sundays, 1:30-4:30pm • eatmyfish.com Music and fishin’ on the shore of the trout pound.
• Barn at Copper Creek • Thursdays, 5-9pm • barnatcoppercreek.com A night of rustic charm with live music and food.
• Brewery Nonic • Sundays, 1-4pm • brewerynonic.com Live Music on the patio and Chef Stacy's creative and unique menu served from the food truck in the brewery yard.
Dunn County Fair
Late July (July 26-30, 2023) • Dunn County Fairgrounds • dunncountyfair.org Celebrating 136 years. Carnival rides, entertainment, vendors, animal exhibitions, and more.
Red Cedar Film Festival
Late July • redcedarfilm.org • Downtown Menomonie Held in the heart of Downtown Menomonie, this festival screens a variety of films outdoor in Wilson Park and in Mabel Tainter.
Races at Red Cedar Speedway
Fridays and select other days through August • Red Cedar Speedway •redcedarspeedway.com A WISSOTA sanctioned track with weekly stock car races.
Mid-August (Aug 12, 2023) • Zymurgy Brewing • zymurgybrew.com Zymurgy Brewing hosts an annual death metal music festival featuring metal bands from near and far. The area’s can’t-miss death metal event.
Late August (Aug 19, 2023) • Dunn County Recreation Park • corbatrails.org A truly punishing bike race with over 30 separate climbs and a total of 8,819 foot elevation gain in the full century (100 miles). After party with a free meal and beer with registration.
Twisted Tales of Horror
Haunted Trail Late October • Govins Farm • facebook.com/twistedtalesofhorror An annual spooktacular set in scenic Govin’s Farm.
Parade Early December • Downtown Menomonie • facebook.com/downtownmenomonie Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus, ride horse-drawn wagons, hot cocoa, parade, fireworks, and more.
Stout & Porter Fest
Early April • Zymurgy Brewing • zymurgybrew.com Enjoy dark beer offerings from regional breweries, along with a keg tapping of a Zymurgy original porter or stout.
Mabel’s Community Celebration
Late May • Mabel Tainter Center • mabeltainter.org The historic Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts gives back to the community with a free event featuring art vendors, food trucks, music, dance performances, and cash bars.
Late June • Phelen Park • facebook.com/menomoniebluecaps A baseball tournament played like it was in 1860. Hosted by the Menomonie Blue Caps vintage team, this festival features squads from around the country.
Menomonie Pride Drag Show
Late June • Zymurgy Brewing • zymurgybrew.com An annual drag show fundraiser for the Chippewa Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center featuring 15+ drag star performances, raffle drawings, giveaways, dance party, and more.