The Volume One Gallery
The Volume One Gallery is a part of The Local Store, located inside the Volume One World Headquarters at 205 N. Dewey Street in downtown Eau Claire, WI. It's a multi-use space hosting art shows and receptions, music performances, book readings, film screenings, and a variety of talks, parties, and meetings.
The vintage space features high ceilings, old wood floors, exposed brick walls and full A/V capability including an in-house sound system, adjustable room and stage lighting, and a projector/screen combo. Between the Gallery and lobby seating area, more than 1,000 square feet are available for both public and private events.
The Gallery is open with The Local Store every day, and features a rotating art exhibit from local and regional artists.
Now Hanging - Strange Children by Kim Vaughter
Hanging now through August 25th, 2018
‘Strange Children’ is an exhibition of large acrylic paintings filled with strange colors, awkward compositions, and unusual proportions. The theme of the artwork is based heavily on bright childlike colors found in children’s book illustrations and awkward characters thrown into strange environments. The choices in color and composition are very deliberate and vitally important to the body of work. They reflect on the innocence and visual stimulation through movement, repetition and color that children’s books often rely on.
After drawing on that aspect I insert scenes and characters that are not seen in such places into the same landscape, creating a juxtaposition in maturity found in adulthood and immaturity found in children’s innocence. It is in this place ‘Strange Children’ lives, and in this place I hope to create unique connections between the paintings and the viewers.
Kim Vaughter is a painter and graphic designer living in Winona, Minnesota. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in 2011 with a BFA in Painting and Art History, and Western in 2016 with a degree in Graphic Design. She has been in multiple group and solo shows and has had her work published in magazines and books such as NOTA, Volume One, Klutch, and Link Magazine.
About the Art on Display
The Volume One Gallery features a variety of local artists that rotate about every two months. The type of art showcased has ranged greatly, including mediums such as paint, digital design, prints, and mixed media. Due to the diverse use of the gallery space, the artwork displayed MUST be able to be hung on the wall. This does not necessarily limit the art to only 2D works, as long as it can be wall hung in its display.
Every artist featured will be able to host an Artist Reception welcoming their art to the gallery. The art displayed that the artist chooses to place for sale will fall under The Local Store consignment agreement, in which artists receive 60% of the sale price, with the remaining 40% going to the gallery/store to help cover the cost of the space, promotion, staff, etc. Volume One may run promotions/sales; however, these discounts will be directly taken from Volume One's commission cut. The artwork purchased will stay on display through the duration of the show.
If you're interested in being a Volume One Gallery artist, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org(localstore (at) volumeone [d0t] org) or call 715-552-0457. Artists are asked to provide several samples of their work either digitally or in person to be considered for a gallery show.
Rent out the Volume One Gallery for a public or private event:
Standard Rate and Info Sheet: Click here to download (PDF File)
Non-Profit Rate and Info Sheet: Click here to download (PDF File)
Gallery Space Set-Up Options
8 tables and 42 chairs available
Projector screen, pub table with stools, and/or podium available for all set-ups
Other set-ups available upon request
U-Shape Tables w/ Podium
• 6 tables
• 8 tables
Side Buffet w/ Family Style Table Seating
• 8 tables
Family Style Tables w/ NO Buffet
• 8 tables
Reception Style w/ Head Table
• 8 Tables
Maximum Event Seating
• 35 Seats (42 seats available)
Gallery Showing or Standing Reception Style Event
• 4 Tables
The annual Ink & Paper Print Sale
The Volume One Gallery & Local Store hosts an annual local print sale in November and December. Focused on selling affordable, mostly unframed works, the sale includes screen prints, woodcuts, mono-prints and other traditional print forms, as well as quality digital prints of illustrations, photos, and more.
The sale features multiple copies of most prints, and the majority of prints range from $15 to $60 in price, though several pieces, including some framed, will sell for as much as $200+.
Visit the Ink & Paper Print Sale page to learn more: volumeone.org/printsale
Email us at email@example.com(localstore (at) volumeone [d0t] org) or call 715-552-0457