Dorm Room Poster Rules
the do's and don'ts of college decorating
• If you get Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Bob Marley, Muhammad Ali, Audrey Hepburn, or Jim Belushi you have to consume what they created.
• Don’t get a blacklight poster unless you have a blacklight. Even then, I wouldn’t recommend it.
• Van Gogh did more than Starry Night
• The Periodic Table of Mixology isn’t cool unless you have a stocked bar to make that stuff.
• Fake inspirational posters are funny … if you’re from 2006.
• Don’t get the retro Guinness ads unless you like it and plan to drink it semi-regularly
• Don’t get a Scarface poster unless you’re really into gangs and coke. And I mean really. Not ironically or because everyone on Cribs has one.
• Car posters are stupid. Period.
• Don’t get a Che Guevara poster unless you’re deep into your poli-sci major
• If you get a poster for Fear & Loathing, you better have read something – anything – by Hunter S. Thompson
• Don’t get a poster of something French unless you speak the language or have been there
• Don’t get Fight Club thinking it’s a hip movie about hyper-masculinism with no understanding that Ed Norton’s character is gay
• Don’t get Beatles unless you’ve heard an entire studio album