6x6 = $20 Registration Fee
6x12 or 12x6 = $25 Registration Fee
Interested in doing a larger chalk piece than allotted in these squares? Contact organizers for more information about size and square placement opportunities! Email email@example.com(schumakf (at) uwec [d0t] edu,) or firstname.lastname@example.org(localstore (at) volumeone [d0t] org,) for more info.
First-time participants must be at least 12 years old. Those 11 and under are encouraged to get involved with Chalkfest through the children's murals and designated drawing area. A $3 fee on-site gets them a small box of kids chalk to use, this does not require registration.
WITH REGISTRATION, ARTISTS RECEIVE:
Assigned chalking space determined with registration form.
One boxes of 48 color artist chalk
One sponge for blending.
One set of latex gloves (sizes small, medium or large available).
Additional supplies will be on sale at the event in limited quantities.
Chalkfest's chalk is non-toxic and environmentally friendly: Koss non-toxic test info
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES FOR SALE ON SITE:
Set of 24 pastels
• Check-in for artists will be from 7am-9am on Saturday at the specified registration tent. • Organizers will be available to show you your assigned space and provide you with registration materials.
DAY EARLY CHECK IN:
If you have a large and elaborate plan for your drawing that might need more than 8 hours of work to be done, it's possible (depending on the weather) that you could begin Friday afternoon, and then cover your work over night. Contact the event organizers for more details.
• Completing a drawing can be physically challenging depending on the complexity and size, be ready to work hard and consider using friends as help!
• Though there is ample tree coverage, wear a hat and sun block to prevent sunburn.
• Focus on comfort. Knee pads are strongly recommended. Old pillows or other comfort devices are also encouraged. Perhaps a folding yard chair.
• Pastels will be provided. However, if you are using a predominant color in your design you may want to purchase that color before the festival. Some swapping of colors with other artists may be possible.
RULES & GUIDELINES:
• Artwork must be appropriate for public viewing: please no nudes, advertising, or overt political statements.
• No oil pastels allowed.
• Children 12 years and under must be supervised by a parent/guardian.
• Artists must stay within space provided, but the whole space does not have to be used.
• Non-compliance with these rules may result in removal from the festival.
• Chalkfest organizers may use photos or reproductions of your artwork for future advertising and media purposes.
IN CASE OF RAIN:
It is the artists' responsibility to bring materials to cover their own drawings, and weigh it down so it doesn't blow away. In case of severe weather, the festival will be cancelled and unfortunately no refunds will be issued due to costs incurred by Chalkfest.