Articles in this Issue

Editor's Notes
Opening Letters

If You Don't Vote, Don't ...

if you sit around on election day, don’t expect your view to change

20% of you will vote in the election. I'd bet the other 80% are the people I hear complaining.

Comments 3

The Rear End
Opening Shots
Reader Letters
Athletic Aesthetic
Music

Yam Cannon

tuber rockers release jamtastic new album

“It’s definitely the old-school San Francisco sound when we get cooking.”

Comments 2

Out to Launch

high school band competition features three local groups

Three bands of high school students from Eau Claire, Durand, and Fall Creek will compete...

Add a Comment »

Women Rise Up

musicians and speakers discuss women’s issues, raise money for causes

The goal of the event is to put women and women’s issues into the spotlight.

Add a Comment »

Battle of the Bands

local music competition returns for more rock-based brawls

The grand prize is a spot at the Milwaukee and Eau Claire Summerfest music festivals.

Add a Comment »

Words

Playing Chicken

in his fourth book with Harper-Collins, Mike Perry targets poultry

In Coop, Perry recalls a year surrounding his and his wife’s simple desire to own chicken

Comments 2

Visual Art

Fashionable Program

UW-Stout’s outstanding apparel design outfit

“It’s great when people ask you where you got a shirt and you can say ... I made that.”

Comments 5

Cinema
Local Look

The (Taxidermy) Six Pack

six of the weirdest once-living items at downtown Eau Claire’s Antique Emporium

Check out some of the Chippewa Valley's strangest stuffed animals!

Comments 5

Kid Culture
Recreation

Greasy Fixin's

local bike lovers spread a sense of autonomy

“One of the most important things we’re trying to do is give people a sense of ownership."

Comments 1

Other Stuff

Green Day

Owen Park event features earthy fun for everyone

Celebrate, Inform, and Promote: goals of the Eau Claire Community Earth Day Celebration.

Add a Comment »

NoBrandCon

annual animé convention continues to grow in popularity

NoBrandCon is the Chippewa Valley’s own haven for costume-wearing animé lovers.

Comments 4


  Popular Articles

popular items in the last month