Local Beer & Bar Trivia - 2015 Edition
Are you a brewmaster or a lightweight? Take this quiz and find out!
Pssst! Hey! Scroll to the bottom for the answer key!
1. This Water Street bar features a neon sign informing patrons it does NOT serve light beer:
A. Ray’s Place
B. The Joynt
D. The Pioneer
2. The Fire House is known for its wide selection of beers on tap. How many tap lines are there?
3. The classic slogan for Eau Claire-brewed Walter’s Beer was:
A. “From the Land of Sky Blue Waters.”
B. “The Beer that is Beer.”
C. “The Beer that made Eau Claire famous.”
D. “It Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This.”
4. Which of the following is NOT a Leinenkugel’s Shandy?
A. Cranberry Ginger
C. Lemon Berry
5. Which is the following is NOT the name of a recently launched Chippewa Valley brewery?
A. Bateman Brewer
B. Brewster Brothers
C. K-Point Brewing
D. The Brewing Projekt
6. This beloved Water Street tavern was destroyed by fire in 2001:
A. The Camaraderie
B. The Nasty Habit
C. Old Home Tavern
D. The Oar House
7. This Eau Claire tavern was first established in 1881 as an outlet for Walter’s Beer:
A. My Place
B. Elbow Room
C. Hilltop Tavern
D. The Amber Inn
8. This downtown Eau Claire watering hole was famously visited by John F. Kennedy in 1960:
A. The Mousetrap
C. The Livery (aka Cowtown Saloon)
D. The Red Room
9. Which of these bars is NOT located on Chippewa Falls' Canal Street:
A. The Snout Saloon
B. Dewey's Roadhouse
D. Sweeney's Bar and Grill
10. A Chippewa Falls tavern shares its name with this 1989 comedy film:
A. Look Who’s Talking
B. Uncle Buck's
C. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
D. Weekend at Bernie's
11. Menomonie's Das Bierhaus brews its beer following the 15th century German Reinheitsgebot, or beer purity law, which allows only the following three ingredients in beer:
A. Water, malt, and hops.
B. Water, hops, yeast.
C. Unknown; the ingredients are secret.
D. Wheat, water, and yeast.
12. On an overall (NOT per-capita) basis, this country drinks more beer than any other:
B. United States
13. According to the Brewers Association, there were 90 craft breweries in Wisconsin as of 2013. Where did Wisconsin rank among the states?
14. True or False: Wisconsin was one of the few states that voted AGAINST the U.S. constitutional amendment that instituted Prohibition.
15. This Eau Claire tavern/entertainment facility plans to build a dome to enclose its outdoor volleyball courts:
A. The Wigwam
B. Bowl Winkles
C. Wagner’s Lanes
D. Metropolis Resort
ANSWER KEY: 1–B, 2–D. 3–B, 4–D, 5–A, 6–A, 7–D, 8–B, 9–A, 10–D, 11–A, 12–C, 13–A, 14–False (despite its beery reputation, the state voted to prohibit alcohol), 15–C