How to Provide Event Info
Guidelines for sending your event to Volume One.
1) Submit your events via our event submission form.
The easiest way to submit your event is by using our handy-dandy event submission form.
It is the quickest way get your event appearing online and prepared for the print issue. It lets you write your content the way you want to, see just how it'll look when it's published online, and you'll get a handy e-mail confirmation when I've approved it for publication. How helpful!
2) It's also ok to email your event info to us.
While the event submission form is easier for both of us, sometimes sending info via email is necessary. If you choose to email the information, make sure to include the following:
- Event name
- Location with street address
- Date and Time (from its beginning to end)
- Brief description (roughly 2-3 sentences/50 words or less)
- Publishable contact info (phone, email, website)
3) About Images
Our event submission form allows you to upload one photo for your event. You can also email the photo to us. (don't forget to say which event the photo is for :| )
- No logos or flyers.
- No logos or flyers (we won't use them).
- Should be horizontal.
- The file must be smaller than 5 megabytes (if you have a larger file, and don't know how to resize it, you can email it to us, or email us a link to the image online somewhere).
- must be in JPG, GIF, or PNG file format
- photos that work well:
- the performer(s)
- last year's event
- the event location
4) Events that we do not publish
The calendars at Volume One are curated specifically to provide a benefit for our readers and viewers. As a result, not all events are published and we reserve the right not to publish any submitted event. The following types of events go beyond the scope and mission of Volume One's calendars, and so will not be published in print or online.
- 1: events outside Volume One's coverage area (roughly Eau Claire, Chippewa and Dunn counties plus Durand)
- 2: passive benefits (e.g "Eat at This Restaurant and % of your bill will benefit This Organization")
- 3: events that are not open to the public
- 4: support groups
- 5: food or drink sales/discounts
- 6: campaign-style promotions for a business's usual services, although there are some exceptions (e.g. Classes, workshops, fitness/yoga classes, and many kids events etc.)
- 7: sales, although there are some exceptions (e.g., library book sales, neighborhood garage sales)
- 8: events with expired registration date
5) Editorial or advertising inquiries
Editorial: If you would like to pitch an article idea about your event (or anything, for that matter), you should talk to one of our editors. Feel free to email or call the office at (715) 552-0457.
Advertising: If you would like to explore paid advertising options with Volume One, you should talk to our advertising department. Visit our advertising page » for contact info.
Event submission form:
Send event info to:
email@example.com (at) volumeone [d0t] org
(ie. Will you do a story on my event?)
firstname.lastname@example.org (at) volumeone [d0t] org
Advertise your event:
Visit our advertising page for contact information.