HR Management for Non-HR Managers
Even organizations with large, experienced human resources functions must rely on managers and supervisors to partner in effective employee recruitment, relations, and management. The challenges are many and the landscape is ever-changing with new laws, regulations and best practices emerging regularly. This concentrated, two-day course is designed for supervisors and managers who do not have direct human resource experience but who interact regularly with employees and play a critical role in ensuring productivity and engagement.
In this workshop, attendees will learn "8 How-Tos of Effective HR Practices:
• How to write and conduct effective employee performance evaluations.
• How to navigate and resolve conflict between employees.
• How to administer an effective and compliant employee handbook.
• How to avoid legal risk and liability for both you and for your organization.
• How to ensure compliance with wage and hour regulations, including the use of interns.
• How to prepare, conduct and document employee discipline and termination.
• How to prevent and address harassment in the workplace.
• How to conduct a workplace investigation.
Attendees will benefit not only from the expert instruction and insights of a former HR manager but the opportunity to interact with and share best practices and challenges with other attendees. Boost your confidence in the effective management of employee relations through professional insights and group interaction. This course can be taken individually or as part of the Supervisory Management Certificate Program. This is an elective course. Take any six days of electives plus the three core courses to complete your certificate.
This event is over.
Thu. Mar. 28, 2019 8:30am-4pm
Fri. Mar. 29, 2019 8:30am-4pm
More Events Like This