Reader Letters | July 9, 2009
A ROUNDABOUT LETTER
There are several problems with traffic circles. One being that, as you stated, people don’t know how to deal with traffic circles along with two-way left turn lanes, center lines, stop signs, etc. Another issue is that the traffic circles in the Chippewa Valley are too small. The diameter of the traffic circles should be at least three times what they currently are. There is an emerging school of thought in traffic management that, “the confused and apprehensive driver is a safe driver.” I thoroughly disagree with this theory and contend that the educated and experienced driver is usually a safer driver. I also contend that the people who design our roadways in the State of Wisconsin do not drive.
– James M Colvin, Menomonie
IT’S LIKE YOU KNOW ME, VOLUME ONE! WANNA BE BFFs?
Dear Volume One,
Five things you have done for me lately:
- 1) The photo booth/community art project at Taste of EC. So cool. So, so, cool.
2) Made me a cool new neighborhood t-shirt. I like to represent.
3) Put a garden gnome on your cover. I love gnomes.
4) Myrna Loy, Laarks at the Phark. Awesome.
5) Getting Back Alley Summer Cinema Series on track for this summer.
Summer is off to a great start. Thanks V1.
– Libby, Eau Claire